Monday, October 12, 2009

Spooky Tree

I have seen many of these "spooky trees" lately and thought I would try making my own. It was so much fun being creative again, and thanks to Hobble Creek Canyon for providing these twisted and creepy looking branches. Here's my finished tree. After I found a pot to put the branches in, I put some big rocks in the bottom to stabilize it then added dried black beans on top to hold the branches in place. I spray painted the branches black then added some silver spray glitter on top of that.
I found these wooden signs at Roberts crafts that were not painted (they cost $.54!!) So I picked up some Halloween "thickers" because I knew I couldn't paint the words on as cute as these letters looked.
I took some ribbon and just tied them on to random places and added some dollar store spiders (they were rings that I just cut the ring off and glued them straight to the branches)
I also found these skulls at the dollar store too. And a cute ribbon to your pot and you are done!

2 comments:

Alisa said...

ah...i love it!! so cute!

Mindy said...

That is so cute! I've been thinking I wanted to do something like this, but haven't gotten around to it. Yours is adorable... at least one of us is on the ball. :)