Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza


This recipe is in my infamous ward cookbook and it's actually from a good friend of mine, who I know is a great cook. So, tonight I gave it a try and it's my new FAV!
I'm all about a pizza without red sauce, so this was a perfect for me.

CRUST
3 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. water
3 tsp. yeast
3 tsp. sugar

Dissolve yeast in 1/2 c. warm water. (Sprinkle the 3 tsp. sugar on top of yeast to help activate.) Mix dry ingredients together. When the yeast has activated, stir in remaining 1 c. cold water, add yeast & dry ingredients together. Knead dough for 10-15 minutes until elastic. Roll out to fit a greased cookie sheet or pizza pan.

TOPPINGS
3 cloves garlic
1/4 c. olive oil
1/3 c. ranch dressing
2 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
1 c. cooked chicken, diced
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled

additional options:
1 med. onion, sliced
mushrooms, sliced
1 tomato, diced

Mix garlic and olive oil together, brush over the entire pizza dough (even the crust). Spread ranch dressing over the dough (but not the edges). Sprinkle on 3/4 of the cheeses. Layer your toppings, then sprinkle the remaining cheese. Bake @ 425 degrees for 10-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.

** I used the bag of 'Italian Blend' cheese, and it was delicious. I also used the crumbled fresh bacon from Costco, and reduced fat ranch dressing.

We all LOVED it... hope you do too!

No comments: