Thursday, September 4, 2008

Homemade granola

I stepped outside of my box today and tried making my own granola and I am super impressed with it and wonder why it's taken me so long to do it! Oh well, it was worth the wait.

I found the recipe whilst blog stalking today, and I know there are slight differences to most, but this turned out to be pretty dang good.


7 c. rolled oats
1/2 c. powdered milk
1 T. cinnamon
1/2 c. oil (I used 1/4 c. canola and 1/4 c. olive)
1 c. honey
1 T. vanilla
Combine oats, powdered milk and cinnamon.
Add oil, honey and vanilla. Stir well.
Add any mix-ins and toss.
Bake on a jelly roll pan at 200 degrees for 2 hours (your home will smell delicious). No need to stir while baking- just stir after you take it out of the oven and let sit until it dries and hardens.
Mix-in ideas: slivered almonds, macadamias, pecans, dried cranberries, dried cherries, coconut, flaxseed, pepitas, or any other tasty morsel.

I added slivered almonds and coconut (I think I tricked my sister who doesn't like coconut, but she ate it and liked it- and doesn't know it's in there until now!) I think I may try to sneak in a few more grains next time.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: