Sunday, February 6, 2011

Claire's lamp

Finally got Claire's lamp done. It would have been done a long time ago but when I bought the crystal accent's it got lost in our move and I was hoping it would re appear so I wouldn't have to buy more. But sadly it never showed up.

BEFORE

AFTER

I spray painted the lamp shade, wasn't sure how it would turn out or if it would. But I like it, and I like that you can still see some of the pink when the lamp is on. Then I just hot glued the trim to the underside of the shade and it was done!
These have a light pink tint (the other one I had bought was a dark pink crystal)
I'm happy with it and it only cost me about $5.00

This picture is hanging in her room also. She loves wearing my high heels, so one day I thought I would try taking her picture in them. So I am not a professional and trying to get a picture of your 3 year old daughters feet and have it look good was hard. But I think I finally got one. Did some adjusting in photoshop then had it printed at Costco. I love looking at it and most of the time people think I purchased the picture from the store. Nope, that's my little Claire's feet in my high heels.

7 comments:

Alisa said...

cute! i love that picture! great job!

Anonymous said...

At first glance I really did think the pic was professional and you just did the frame maybe..

What a brilliant idea with the lamp as well!

Joanie said...

Totally professional shot of Claire's sweet feet in your heels! Great job.

Jazzy E (hivenn) said...

so cute. x hivenn

sumon220 said...

Really so cute like just love it.

Emmy said...

Love love it! You did a great job- what a fun lamp to have in the room. And that picture is too cute!

teen bedroom designs said...

Hi
I wanted to spend a minute to thank you for this article.
You are wonderful! Thank you.