Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Latest project- COMPLETE!

So I finished it sooner than I thought and I really like it! Although my camera had a hard time capturing it right. I just painted it black but I took 3 pictures and one turned out brown looking, the next turned out grey and the final one turned out light black!
the drawers are painted black to unlike the picture that look like they are grey. I had to go buy 2 more knobs since I forgot there was 4 for the top 2 drawers. So for about $25.00 I have a new entertainment center, where I was looking online for a new one I wanted and was going to spend $200!!! I just need to drill a hole in the back for all the electronic wires.
I bought these door knobs probably 7+ years ago and finally found a good place to use them. (we are a Disney family so I am way excited to finally have them out of the junk drawer)

P.S. If I ever fall ownership to a power saw I would love to cut out the inside of the doors and staple fabric up instead--- well also if I ever decide on a color scheme for my living room. I can dream about that one!

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Love it! It turned out great! I Love the Disney Knobs!

debra said...

Good job on it- it looks great!!!!

Renee said...

I love it! It's beautiful...

Serena said...

This looks beautiful!! Great job. This is what I am also looking for.

Becky said...

did you prime it or just use spray paint (like your original post said)? Is it solid wood or particle board? I'm looking to do the same thing for a couple of my pieces - thanks for the help

Janna said...

Becky- I just used spray paint for this project (if I would have had more time I probably would have primed it, but not this time) And it is a solid wood piece. Good luck with your projects! I'd love to see them.
-Janna