Saturday, April 19, 2008

Indoor S'mores

I am posting this from Debra, she made this delicious treat the other night so I quickly took a picture of my piece that we hadn't devoured yet. Really yummy treat if you can't be outdoors to make the real s'mores.
Indoor S'mores
Golden Grahams

8 cups Golden Grahams cereal

5 cups miniature marshmallows

1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips

1/4 cup light corn syrup

5 T butter

1 t vanilla

1 cup miniature marshmallows, if desired


Into a large bowl, measure cereal. Butter 13x9-inch pan. In a large microwavable bowl, microwave 5 cups marshmallows, chocolate chips, corn syrup and butter uncovered on High 2 minutes to 3 minutes 30 seconds, stirring after every minute, until melted and smooth when stirred. Stir in vanilla.

Pour over cereal; quickly toss until completely coated. Stir in 1 cup marshmallows.

Press mixture evenly in pan, using buttered back of spoon. Let stand uncovered for at least 1 hour, or refrigerate if you prefer a firmer bar.

*This can be done on the stove-top as well

3 comments:

Amy said...

That looks super yummy!!!

Sandie's Spot said...

Those look so good right now! I'm starving

Amy said...

I made these last night. They are dangerously delicious! I could have eaten the entire thing myself. Yummy!!!