Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Shoulder Bag

I have NEVER sewn before. (Ok, to be honest I did sew 2 straight lines when I was about 12 years old)
I recently was given an old sewing machine. I have been wanting a church bag, but haven't been able to find exactly what I want in a store. I need it to be pretty big, to accommodate 3 ringer binders, toys, keys, burp cloths, etc. I came across this tutorial. With a few minor changes, it is just what I was looking for! (my bag is a lot bigger than the one she made and I put in 2 pockets)
I went online, watched a YouTube video on how to thread the machine (and wind the bobbin) and I started on my bag.


I LOVE it! I am so ridiculously proud of myself as well. ;) I show it to everyone. It's not perfect, but it is fabulous for me.
If I can make this bag (having never used a sewing machine or a pattern) then you can too!
Give it a try, it's super easy!

3 comments:

debra said...

Good job!!! That is SO cute! I haven't attempted to sew since I was 12 either, but I'm thinking it might be time to have my momma give me some lessons.

James and Monica said...

I wish I were brave!! I've never sewn and i'm too chicken! I'll buy the fabric and mess is up somehow! Good job!!

Wendy said...

Great job!!!! I'm very impressed with your skills and your desire to try something new!