Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Countdown Chicken Fussili

Okay so I don't really have an actual recipe for this but it is inspired by a recipe from Pizza Port at Disneyland. Jason and I would always get this and share it and it is really yummy! This is what I did this time (I think every time I make it, it varies)

Here's the ingredients you will need:

Boneless skinless chicken breasts
Broccoli
Cheesy alfredo sauce (your favorite will do)
Shredded parmesan cheese
Minced garlic
Cavatappi noodles
sun dried tomatoes (optional)

Cut chicken into thin strips or chunks, add to a saute pan and season with salt and pepper. Add minced garlic and cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked.

Heat alfredo sauce

Cook pasta according to directions on box, last few minutes of cooking add your broccoli to the boiling water.

Combine pasta, sauce, and broccoli in a bowl and stir together. Finish off with Parmesan cheese on top!



** If you'll notice I didn't add any amounts to how much you'll need of each item, like I said I make it different every time. Cook lots of chicken if you have a big fam and maybe you'll need 2 boxes of pasta if your feeding a crowd. One box is plenty for Jason and I with tons of leftovers!
The cavatappi noodles and shredded Parmesan (don't use the grated kind) cheese are keys to this dish. And of course I couldn't find those exact noodles today after going to 2 stores so I settled for campanelle noodles- they look like little horns that curl at the ends. The Disneyland recipe does have sun dried tomatoes but I didn't want to run to the store just to buy those so we did with out.
*The title of this post is the actual name of the dish at Disneyland- since I didn't have my own name for it I used that one.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love Pizza Port! I'll have to try this!